Kevin Crull, President, Bell Media introduced Canada to CraveTV, the company’s next-generation subscription on-demand video streaming service launching Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing about as much as a latte, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers at an unbeatable value.
With a singular focus on delivering the best TV content of yesterday and today, CraveTV is designed to complement Canada’s current TV offerings as an additive service featuring exclusive, premium programming, all at an affordable price.
“We’re incredibly proud to launch a video streaming service dedicated to TV lovers who crave even more quality television, while enhancing the value TV providers deliver to their subscribers,” said Kevin Crull, President, Bell Media. “In a fast-paced media industry in which the consumer is king, CraveTV raises the bar and redefines the Canadian TV landscape by offering a complementary, premium product at an incredibly great value.”
“With TELUS, Bell, and Bell Aliant already on board, we are thrilled to partner with Eastlink, Northwestel, and other CCSA members who have recognized the value and potential CraveTV provides,” said Domenic Vivolo, Executive Vice-President, Content Sales and Distribution Marketing. “We look forward to welcoming additional distribution partners as CraveTV ramps up with even more incredible content in its first months of service.”
With content from all key Hollywood major and independent studios, CraveTV features thousands of hours of programming not found anywhere else. At launch, nearly 65% of the entire CraveTV catalogue is exclusive to the service, with more exclusive titles to be added regularly.
CraveTV’s programming catalogue falls into three categories – exclusive past-season content, featuring back seasons of television biggest programs currently on air; an extensive and exclusive library, featuring complete catalogues of some of the best TV series that have ever aired; and original series never before seen in Canada. In its first year, CraveTV will feature more than 10,000 hours of premium, non-kids, TV content, representing more than 600 unique titles, including:
* the entire off-air library of HBO’s iconic programming catalogue, including The Sopranos, The Wire and Sex and the City;
* an unmatchable comedy slate headlined by Seinfeld and including The Big Bang Theory, Cheers, Frasier, and Corner Gas;
* an exclusive catalogue featuring every single episode of Monty Python’s Flying Circus;
·* exclusive CraveTV originals: programming that will launch first in Canada on CraveTV, including Manhattan, Bosch and Deadbeat;
*Superhero collection headlined by some of the most-watched television programs currently on air including Arrow and, later in 2023, The Flash;
* a Sci-Fi & Fantasy collection led by genre blockbusters Orphan Black and Doctor Who, and featuring all six series comprising the complete Star Trek TV collection;
* an iconic Music Collection – TV programming expressly dedicated to music and its legends, including Foo Fighters; Sonic Highways, and Classic Albums;
* additional premium drama programming from Hollywood and the U.K. including Masters of Sex, Nurse Jackie, Person of Interest, Homeland, The Following, Graceland, The Fall, Dallas, The Last Ship and Utopie.;
* and the most-watched and most-acclaimed original Canadian primetime scripted programming, featuring Saving Hope, Motive, 19-2, Flashpoint and DeGrassi.
CraveTV does not attempt to duplicate existing services, and as a result is able to deliver best-in-class, premium TV programming at an incredible value. CraveTV delivers more to subscribers by allowing them to marathon-watch best-in-class programming for just $4/month.
CraveTV delivers to subscribers access to the service on the platform of their choice, including on their traditional on-demand service via their set-top box. In addition, CraveTV will be available at launch on iOS, including Airplay, as well as Android handsets and tablets via the CraveTV app, and online at CraveTV.ca. And early next year CraveTV will be available on the Xbox gaming consoles, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Samsung Smart TVs, and Chromecast.
CraveTV is about watching, not searching. As a result, titles are curated in a minimalist, easy-to-navigate interface. Programming can be searched by title, new addition, or by a specific collection on a simple-to-use menu. Among the categories are “Crime and Mystery,” “Action & Adventure,” “Music,” “Classic TV,” “Sitcoms,” and “Teen Drama.”