The other agencies are:
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- The United States’ Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission
- The Australian Communications and Media Authority
- The Netherlands’ Authority for Consumers & Markets
- The United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office and National Trading Standards Intelligence Team
- The Korea Internet & Security Agency
- The New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs
- The South Africa National Consumer Commission
The agreement promotes cooperation between the CRTC and its international counterparts in enforcing Canadian and international spam and unsolicited telecommunications laws. The agencies have committed to sharing information and intelligence, where permitted by the laws of its jurisdiction, regarding unsolicited communications.
By working closely with its partners, the CRTC will be able to more effectively ensure that all those who engage in unsolicited communications, whether local or foreign, comply with the Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules and Canada’s Anti-Spam legislation.