The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has partnered with Yahoo Canada to stream live video coverage of Hockey Night in Canada. Starting Saturday, March 13 and streaming online until the 2022 Stanley Cup champions are crowned in June, Canadians can access a new CBC & Yahoo! Canada site to watch CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada each week.
CBC will be responsible for all sales and marketing initiatives on the new site.
“CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada is pleased to be working with Yahoo! Canada on this initiative,” noted Scott Moore, executive director, CBC Sports. “Yahoo! Canada provides a unique platform for CBC to extend the best in CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada programming to Canadians. In addition to our complete line-up at CBCSports.ca, we’re ensuring that Canadians can experience Canada’s number one weekly sports program whenever and wherever they choose.”
CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada content featured at Yahoo.cbc.ca will include:
· CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts live and on demand
· Hot Stove – Ron MacLean’s second intermission feature focusing on the latest news and developments from around the hockey world
· Coast to Coast – CBC’s expert analysts break down the evening’s action
· Top 5’s – A list of all the top hockey events of the night
· Peter Puck – A 26-part animated series featuring the legendary Peter Puck, focusing on interesting and unique stories of players and remarkable moments in hockey
· The Opens – Popular show openings from CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts
· Game In An Hour – Games condensed into an hour-long format
· Player stats and profiles and game highlights
Yahoo! Canada Sports reports getting record numbers during the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, with more than 1.7 million unique visitors during the week of February 15th to the 21st alone (comScore Media Metrics). This represents almost a doubling of the number of unique visitors to Yahoo! Canada Sports in the earlier weeks of February 1st to the 14th.
Have your say: