Quebecor Fund’s EFPAP program seeks to capture synergies with all industry stakeholders in order to:
- support the production of Canadian French-language feature films;
- support multiplatform exploitation of feature films and, in particular, foster integrated marketing strategies with an interactive component, starting at the development stage;
- enable the creative / production team to produce a work as close as possible to its original creative vision;
- support television coverage of events with French-language Canadian content;
- back television coverage of events that are supported by integrated promotion and are distributed on multiple platforms, including TV on demand;
- help realize a return on investment in order to increase the Fund’s impact.
Quebecor Fund, a major source of financing for Canadian television, event and film production and for digital media content, is an independent fund with a mission to support the development, production and marketing of high-quality content and its exploitation on various interactive platforms that use new information and communication technologies, such as interactive television (ITV), video on demand (VoD), mobile devices and high-speed Internet. Its new Export Assistance Program (EXAP) supports export initiatives by funding the development of audiovisual content adapted for non-Québec and international markets as well as marketing efforts.
Quebecor Fund was established through Videotron Ltd., which provides nearly $7.6 million annually in broadcasting distribution undertaking contributions to the Canadian industry. Under its Event and Film Production Assistance Program, launched in September 2023, Quebecor Fund has granted 51 film projects and 13 event projects financial assistance totalling more than $9.3 million to date.
De père en flic 2
- Producer: Cinémaginaire inc.
- Distributor: Les Films Séville inc.
After going undercover in a father-son group therapy session, police captain Jacques Laroche and his son Marc take a crack at couples therapy in order to get close to a Mafia boss. Written and directed by Émile Gaudreault.
Minuscule – Les Mandibules du bout du monde
- Producer: Kaïbou Production M2 inc.
- Distributor: Filmoption International inc.
The rollicking adventures of a family of ladybugs and their friends, the ant and the spider, told with a mix of burlesque comedy and poetry.
- Producer: Christal Films Productions inc.
- Distributor: Les Films Christal s.e.c.
As he is about to turn pro, 18-year-old hockey prodigy Janeau Trudel encounters obstacles that threaten his career and his closest friendships.